Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Lost Treasure Magazine Article By Bill Gallagher January 2016



Clicking on the picture will take you to a slightly more readable version.

This article was published in and is courtesy of Lost Treasure Magazine, www.losttreasure.com

Writers comment: Early on ebay I met a guy calling himself Rob Pegg, a retired government worker who had spent a good bit of time overseas.  He had made some museum connections over there.  His company and website were named holdinghistory.com.  He split antiquities auction proceeds with this guy in London whenever he could, and then bought suitable lots wherever he could, for resale on ebay.  The stuff was just hitting this market from all the metal detecting over in Europe and the Middle East during the 80s and 90s.  That guy was the most fair person I ever worked for, he paid me well, and because I took my compensation in product versus cash, it was very very well.  I got many pounds of that ancient metal stuff he culled out, which were the harder to identify coins and jewelry, but usually the more rare types too.  Maybe 150 pounds of it over time.  Some was junk, but most was saleable, some collected by me for my stashes.  I also got my second apple computer and my first digital camera from Rob.










No comments:

Post a Comment