Saturday, July 8, 2017

Lost Treasure Magazine Article By Bill Gallagher February 2014


Clicking on the picture will take you to a slightly more readable version.


This article was published in and is courtesy of Lost Treasure Magazine, www.losttreasure.com

Writers comment: This is a shortened version of my other work on electrostripping coins from Europe, whose ages are much greater than most people are used to in the Americas.  I have had great success with this technique, though I initiallty began using it while cleaning fort period iron from Florida.  The first real instruction I found about this was in Wallace Chandlers book "Advanced Shallow Water Treasure Hunting".  My earliest instruction in coin conservation was G. Welters "Preservation of Coins and Medals", which I think was written in German then translated.   








No comments:

Post a Comment